Multichannel Eye Movement Integration (MEMI) For Life Coaches
Continuing Education Hours: 12
Designed specifically for life coaches, this certification course teaches the Multichannel Eye Movement Integration (MEMI) technique in the context of as salutogenic approach to wellness. Because MEMI’s Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) theory and principles are very compatible with trauma resiliency models, the course will review NLP’s history and major models (e.g., submodalities and representational systems) and compare them to salutogenic structure and stage constructs. Participants will also receive practical instruction and practice in applying MEMI’s: 1.) structure of experience theory; 2.) presuppositions supporting the technique; 3.) protocol and procedures; 4.) use of reframing, metaphors and embedded commands; 5.) basic eye movements and eye movement sets: and 6.) I-Scale and SUD Scale. Videos of MEMI’s use with a volunteer, live demonstrations of the technique and group practice will also be included.
- Identify and explain two causes of limbic dysregulation..
- Identify four elements of MEMI’s theory and explain three of its presuppositions.
- Describe and demonstrate how to anchor a resource state.
- Demonstrate how to establish visual and spatial separator states using reframing.
- Satisfactorily perform the four MEMI eye movement sets with vocalizations.
- Identify and describe two techniques for safely interrupting abreactions.
Mike Deninger, PhD, LPC, CCTP, NBCCH, CTNLP & MEMI
Mike Deninger hails from Western New York where he was raised in a large working-class family. He holds a BA in English, MS in Education of the Deaf, PhD in Special Education Administration and MA in Mental Health Counseling (in that order). As an administrator in deaf education, Mike rose through the administrative ranks at Gallaudet University until he was appointed Dean of Pre-College Programs. This was arguably the top position in the education of elementary and secondary deaf children in the nation. But all was not right with him. In a 2011 memoir, Mike shared the reasons behind his transition from a top position educating deaf children to his current role of therapist, author and master trainer in mental health.
During this transformation, Mike overcame an alcohol addiction, confronted PTSD stemming from childhood sexual abuse and came out as a gay man. He subsequently established a private practice specializing in trauma and earned trainer certifications in Ericksonian Hypnotherapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming and Eye Movement Integration. As a result of his personal and professional experiences, Mike is keenly aware of the renewal that’s possible when one frees the mind, relaxes the will and allows the body’s neurological systems to heal traumatic wounds. He is a sought after public speaker and trainer, having made hundreds of presentations at national and international conferences. In 2021, his treatment innovations resulted in the publication of Multichannel Eye Movement Integration: The Brain Science Path to Easy and Effective PTSD Treatment. Mike now provides trainings, consultations and mentoring in this simple but effective PTSD approach through Trauma Counseling & Training of Tucson and Arizona Trauma Institute. He can be reached through https://multichanneleyemovementintegration.com.
- Module 1 - Introduction (67:24)
- Module 1 - Quiz
- Module 2 - MEMI Theoretical Model Video (36:07)
- Module 2 - Quiz
- Module 3 - MEMI Theoretical Module Video Part 2 (40:42)
- Module 4 - MEMI Theoretical Model Video Part 3 (37:44)
- Module 4 - Quiz
- Module 5 - Limbic System (31:54)
- Module 5 - Quiz
- Module 6 - MEMI In a Salutogenic Approach (54:28)
- Module 6 - Quiz
- Module 7 - MEMI Protocol Part 1 (68:06)
- Module 7 - Quiz
- Module 8 - MEMI Protocol Part 2 (43:26)
- Module 8 - Quiz
- Module 9 - MEMI Protocol Part 3 (45:19)
- Module 9 - Quiz
- Module 10 - MEMI Protocol Part 4 (40:40)
- Module 10 - Quiz
- Module 11 - The Science of Psychotherapy Podcast (43:08)
- Module 11 - Quiz
- Module 12 - Eye Movement Sets (46:47)
- Module 12 - Quiz
- Module 13 - Demonstration (64:25)
- Module 14 - MEMI Worksheet (35:18)
- Module 14 - Quiz
- Module 15 - Abreactions and Case Studies (51:59)
- Module 15 - Quiz
- Congratulations on Your Successful Completion of the Training
Other Courses Available From The Arizona Trauma Institute
CCPA and GDPR Disclaimer: all personal information is considered private and confidential and Arizona Trauma Institute never provides the information to a third party or uses the information for anything other than its intended purposes for training registration.